Homework: Course book 60-64
LIFELONG SUPPORT CONTRACT (UGOVOR O DOŽIVOTNOM UZDRŽAVANJU)
(1) Under a lifelong support contract, one party (provider of support) undertakes to support the other party or a third party (recipient of support) until his death and the other party undertakes to convey to the former all or a portion of his property, with the acquisition of things and rights being postponed until after the death of the recipient of support.
(2) Unless otherwise agreed, a lifelong support contract shall also comprise all accessories of the things or rights that are the subject of the contract.
(1) A lifelong support contract shall be drawn up in a written form and authenticated by a judge of the relevant court or notarized or be drawn up as a notarial contract.
(2) During authentication or drawing up, the authorized person shall read the contract to the parties thereto and warn them of its consequences.
CONTRACT FOR SUPPORT UNTIL DEATH (UGOVOR O DOSMRTNOM UZDRŽAVANJU)
(1) Under a contract for support until death, one party (provider of support) undertakes to support the other party or a third party (recipient of support) until his death and the other party undertakes to make an inter vivos transfer of all or part of his property to the provider of support.
(2) The provider of support shall acquire the things or the rights which are the subject of the contract for support until death when, on the basis of such a contract, such things or such rights are transferred onto him in a manner provided for by law regulating acquisition.
affidavit – izjava pod prisegom
answer-odgovor, odgovor tuženika na tužbu
brief – podnesak
complaint – tužba
motion – podnesak, zahtjev
pleading-podnesak, podnošenje zahtjeva, podnošenje podnesaka stranaka; zastupanje, obrana; iznošenje dokaza; podnošenje žalbe
writ-sudski nalog; sudska isprava; obavijest; poziv
be in the red
be in the black
formation of a contract
formation of a company
Companies House – sudski registar
to register with Companies House
unprecedented – bez presedana, neviđen do sada
to be in default – biti u kašnjenju
to borrow from
to lend to
to be in arrears on your loan – kasniti s otplatom kredita
instalment – rata
thief – thieves
theft – noun
fraudulent eg. use of credit card
a fraudster – a person who commits fraud, especially in business dealings.
maiden name – djevojačko prezime
Ms – neutral for women
Mrs – kad je udana
Miss – kad nije udana